Pages

Friday, November 19, 2010

Swimming

Swimming
Eagerly waiting outside the pool, we all had to put on a life jacket. It was dump and clammy because it was wet. we all had to get a partner so we can help each other.

As soon as we all squeezed into the life jacket. Chris came to talk to us, Chris was a man who worked for water safety NZ. Chris came to try teach us to swim with a life jacket. On and how to swim in the water. He is here for the rest of the term.

When I first hopped in the pool my teeth were chattering. I herd a lot of screaming and squealing mostly from the girls. The first thing we all did was the help position I crossed my hands over my chest I crossed my legs and I lent back.We learnt the help position so it keeps us warm and it helps us conserves our energy.


After a while we all had to get in a huddle and sing the national anthem. Chris was gently pushing us around.While we were floating in a circular motion.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Lola
    Love the piece of writing you created. I love the part how you described how your teeth were chattering.


    Swimming for me was cool too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lola,

    Well done! That was a great post. I loved reading it because you had lots of interesting vocab and you gave lots of detail. Just remember to double check your writing and look out for some spelling mistakes. Anyway keep up the awesome work!

    Litia

    ReplyDelete